It feels like we’ve waited a long time for this moment, we’ve heard of the “new normal.” How things might “never be the same again,” but what should a business do right now to be ready for this “new future”?
The future is always new, a bit scary, and has some uncertainty. We’ve had time to reflect and prepare, but are unsure about when the journey is to begin. You’re never really ready until you have the suitcase packed and found your passport and tickets. Ready to embark?
You might be returning to the kitchen for the first time in a while, it might still work, or you might need to have a whole kitchen refit— a major change to what you do.
But you are still you, with the same skills, experience and knowledge. We’re past the worst and it's time to get things cookin’ again!
Don’t be afraid to ask if you need help, people will (for once) understand what you’ve been through— we’ve all been there.
So, what is in the future menu for your business?
1. What you’ve always done – a large helping. Remember what you did before, continue it. It may take a while, but there will be some normality returning.
2. Some ingredients won’t work now and you might need to leave them out of the mix for the time being. It's OK because you need to make space in the bowl for the following…..
3. Pour in some of what you’ve learned over the last year, those things that worked, with masks on, cautious and generally distanced. Steal from other people's recipe books – we all do it! Humans are amazing at adapting, keep what you know will work now.
4. Finally, don’t forget to sprinkle in some fresh, organic ideas regularly, as you’ve always done. They’ve just been at the back of the cupboard for the last year, haven’t they?
5. Set your temperature to success, and get baking
6. Serve and enjoy – you have a delicious future ahead!
If you require more information on how to successfully run your business and navigate employment gracefully get in touch at [email protected] to book a session with me, where we will together reshape the structure of your organisation for your company’s health and owner’s sanity!